Ah, the famous and popular Namsan Tower. One of the highest points in Seoul, you get to see such spectacular views of the city, especially at sunset and at night when the tower lights up.
You can ride the cable car up Mt. Namsan or take a bus. I’ve done both, and I prefer taking the cable car because of the beautiful view you get to see from it. The directions to the cable car is pretty straight forward.
How to get to the cable car:
· Get off at Myeong Dong station and take exit 3.
· Take an immediate left and you’ll see a 7-11 on the corner.
· Walk towards the 7-11 and follow this road up the hill until you see the Pacific Hotel.
· Bear right at the hotel and continue walking for about 15 minutes.
· The cable car will be straight ahead, can’t miss it.
· Cable car:
Roundtrip is 8,500 won for adults and 5,500 won for children.
One way is 6,000 won for adults and 3,500 won for children.
It costs 10,000 won for adults and 8,000 won for children
I suspect that this was for the Winter Olympics.
And here is Seoul from every angle from the observatory deck.
Seoul at sunset. So calm. So gentle. So peaceful.
Dongdaemun Design Plaza
We were there just as they were wrapping up fashion week activities. It was really lively with a DJ and the screening of fashion shows. It was a really great area and the architecture of the plaza was really fascinating.
That’s all for today. I hope everyone have a wonderful and restful holiday. Take care!